Melissa here to let you know that research shows that regular dieting is a waste of time and energy. Don’t believe me? Read on to find out why…
Why am I dissing on dieting?
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, functional medicine doctor, Director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine and New York Times bestselling author of “Ultrametabolism” and “Ultrawellness” most diets predictably fail because of 5 reasons…
- You try to exercise your willpower to control your appetite instead of understanding there is a science behind hunger
- Your focus is too much on counting calories
- Your diet consists of all low-fat foods
- Your weight is actually affected by hidden reasons that require medical attention
- You lack a solid health and weight loss plan to guide you on your journey
And I have a 6th reason – dieting is about deprivation – what you “can’t” have – that isn’t any fun after a while….in my programs I always focus on what you do get to eat, not on what you “don’t” get to eat! It’s much easier to stay motivated this way!
Dr Hyman also says that when the average dieter loses weight, they lose muscle AND fat.
But once they regain the weight, they gain back only the fat… which will ultimately slow down your metabolism.
Boooo! That’s not what we want!
How can I succeed with my health without dieting?
Here are 5 success tips that will keep you in peak health without dieting:
- Eat enough whole fresh food to satisfy your appetite (your body will be less hungry because it’s fully nourished)
- Eat protein for breakfast to boost your energy for the day
- Eat your last meal three hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest before sleep
- Make low-glycemic foods your diet staple such as nuts, seeds, chicken and fish so your blood sugar stays level
Eat good fats at every meal such as avocado, nuts, seeds and olive oil (healthy fats are your friend, not your enemy)
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients learn how to lose weight, gain energy and feel better than ever… without dieting. That’s huge!
If you want to take control of your health the right way and make a commitment to being the healthiest and happiest version of yourself, then go to www.betterbrainhealth.info/coaching to schedule a session to talk with me (Initial discovery coaching session), or if you know sugar is your vice (especially after Halloween), join my 28 day low glycemic challenge starting this weekend, which you can also sign up for on my website.
You can’t enjoy your wealth if you don’t have your health.