7 tips for deep, blissed-out sleep…
Melissa here offering you sweet pillow talk about dreamland where we spend about one third of every day of our lives…
But first, why am I even talking about sleep when it’s something our bodies do naturally?
Actually, the truth is that sleep is not something that just happens… unless you are a teenager! Even babies need to learn to fall asleep and sleep well.
What’s important about getting good sleep?
Good sleep is vital for good health. Sleep deprivation can lead to a multitude of health issues:
- It escalates the hunger hormone called ghrelin, which increases food cravings
- It escalates the stress hormone called cortisol, which can cause weight gain, diabetes, heart attacks, high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis and depressed immunity
- It causes elevated blood pressure in people with hypertension, which can lead to cardiovascular disease and stroke
Learning how to improve your sleep is not just a luxury—it’s a necessity!
How do I get better sleep?
Follow these 7 tips and rest assured (excuse the pun) that you will feel more rejuvenated and energized than you even knew was possible:
- Practice regular sleep rhythms by going to bed and waking up around the same time each day.
- Create total quiet and darkness in your bedroom.
- Avoid caffeine or reduce your intake after noon as it affects your sleep dramatically.
- Get regular exposure to daylight for at least 20 minutes a day because the sunlight triggers your brain to release melatonin, which is vital for healthy sleep.
- Eat no later than two hours before you go to bed because eating a heavy meal before bedtime will impede your body’s natural overnight detoxification process.
- Write down your worried thoughts before bedtime so you can free your mind and drop into a deep and restful sleep.
- Take a hot salt or aromatherapy bath because raising your body temperature before bed helps to induce sleep.
What do I do now?
In my health coaching practice, I help my clients implement these 7 tips and more so they can make the most of their sleep—and their health.
If you would like to schedule a time to talk with me about the support and accountability you need to help you follow through like never before on some habit and lifestyle changes to improve your overall health, please go to www.betterbrainhealth.info/coaching and book a initial discovery coaching session with me.
You can’t enjoy your wealth, if you don’t have your health!